Place:


Whaddon  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Whaddon like this:

WHADDON, a parish in the district and county of Gloucester; 3 miles S of Gloucester r. station. Post town, Gloucester. Acres, 727. Real property, £1,418. Pop., 125. Houses, 21. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Brookthorpe. The church was partly restored in 1855.

Whaddon through time

Whaddon is now part of Stroud district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stroud has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Whaddon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Whaddon, in Stroud and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11460

Date accessed: 20th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Whaddon ".