Place:


Upleadon  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Upleadon like this:

UPLEADON, a parish in Newent district, Gloucestershire; 3 miles E by N of Newent, and 7 NW of Gloucester r. station. Post town, Newent, under Gloucester. Acres, 1,207. Real property, £2,584. Pop., 237. Houses, 56. Considerable iron forges were formerly here, and were converted into a flour-mill. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £103.* Patron, the Bishop of G. and B. The church has a Norman arch, and was restored in 1853. There is a national school.

Upleadon through time

Upleadon is now part of Forest of Dean district. Click here for graphs and data of how Forest of Dean has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Upleadon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Upleadon, in Forest of Dean and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11429

Date accessed: 16th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Upleadon ".