Place:


Tredington  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tredington like this:

TREDINGTON, a parish in Tewkesbury district, Gloucester; 2½ miles SSE of Tewkesbury r. station. Post town, Tewkesbury. Acres, 870. Real property, £1,733. Pop., 117. Houses, 28. T. House is the seat of Major J. Surman. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £61.* Patron, the Bishop of G. and B. The church is Norman.

Tredington through time

Tredington is now part of Tewkesbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tewkesbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tredington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tredington, in Tewkesbury and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11396

Date accessed: 23rd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tredington ".