Place:


Thurnby  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thurnby like this:

THURNBY, a parish, with two townships and a hamlet, in Billesdon district, Leicestershire; 3¾ miles E of Leicester r. station. It has a post-office under Leicester. Acres, 2,740. Real property, £5,703. Pop., 375. Houses, 89. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £258. Patron, H. L. Powys-Keck, Esq. The church is good; and a chapel of ease is in Stoughton. Charities, £36.

Thurnby through time

Thurnby is now part of Harborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thurnby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thurnby, in Harborough and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11345

Date accessed: 26th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thurnby ".