Place:


Sevenhampton  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sevenhampton like this:

SEVENHAMPTONpopularly Senningtona parish, with a village, in Northleach district, Gloucester; on a head-stream of the river Coln, 5¾ miles E by S of Cheltenham r. station. Post-town, Andoversford, under Cheltenham. Acres, 2, 600. Real property, £3, 145. Pop., 543. Houses, 113. The manor belongs to W. L. Lawrence, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £50. Patron, alternately, F. Craven, Esq., and W. Morris, Esq. The church is Norman and good. There are a Baptist chapel and a national school.

Sevenhampton through time

Sevenhampton is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sevenhampton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sevenhampton, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11173

Date accessed: 23rd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sevenhampton ".