Place:


Rendcombe  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rendcombe like this:

RENDCOMBE, a parish, with a village, in Cirencester district, Gloucester; on the river Churn, 5 miles N of Cirencester r. station. Post-town, Cirencester. Acres, 2, 532. Real property, £3, 288. Pop., 246. Houses, 45. The manor, with R. Park and most of the land, belonged once to the Clares, passed to the Audleys, the Nevilles, and others; and belongs now to Sir Francis Goldsmid, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £373.* Patron, the Rev. J. Pitt. The church is later English and good.

Rendcombe through time

Rendcombe is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rendcombe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rendcombe, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11122

Date accessed: 21st October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rendcombe ".