Place:


Rangeworthy  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rangeworthy like this:

RANGEWORTHY, a chapelry in Thornbury parish, Gloucester; near the Bristol and Gloucester railway, 3 miles S W of Wickwar r. station. Post-town, Chipping-Sodbury. Real property, £1, 989; of which £50 are in mines. Pop., 250. Houses, 67. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to W. D. Phelps, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £80.* Patron, the Vicar of Thornbury. The church has a Norman arch, and was restored in 1851 There are chapels for Independents and Wesleyans, and an endowed school.

Rangeworthy through time

Rangeworthy is now part of South Gloucestershire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Gloucestershire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rangeworthy itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rangeworthy in South Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11121

Date accessed: 18th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rangeworthy ".