Place:


Quinton  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Quinton like this:

QUINTON, a parish in the district of Shipston-on-Stour and county of Gloucester; under Meon hill, and adjacent to Warwickshire, 1 ¾ mile E by S of Long Marston r. station, and 5½ S by W of Stratford-on-Avon. It contains the village of Lower Q, and the hamlets of Upper Q. and Admington; and its post town is Long Marston, under Stratford-on-Avon. ...


Acres, 4, 800. Real property, £7, 239. Pop., 557. Houses, 134. The manor belongs to Magdalen college, Oxford. Q. House is the seat of J. Hyatt, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £70. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Gloucester. The church is a stone edifice with tower and spire. There are a national school, and charities £16.

Quinton through time

Quinton is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Quinton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Quinton, in Stratford on Avon and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11119

Date accessed: 19th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Quinton ".