Place:


Preston  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Preston like this:

PRESTON, a parish in Newent district, Gloucester; adjacent to Herefordshire, 3 miles S W of Ledbury r. station. Post-town, Ledbury. Acres, 884. Real property, £1, 227. Pop., 78. Houses, 13. Nearly all the property is held-by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £140.* Patron, the Bishop of G. and B. The church has a Saxon doorway.

Preston through time

Preston is now part of Forest of Dean district. Click here for graphs and data of how Forest of Dean has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Preston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Preston, in Forest of Dean and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11104

Date accessed: 15th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Preston ".