Place:


Ozleworth  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ozleworth like this:

OZLEWORTH, a parish in Tetbury district, Gloucester; among the Cotswolds, 2½ miles E of Wotton-under-Edge, and 5 E N E of Charfield r. station. Post-town, Wotton-under-Edge. Acres, 1, 1 14. Real property, £1, 627. Pop., 130. Houses, 19. The property is divided among a few. The manor, with Newark Park, belongs to the Rev. ...


L. B. Clutterbuck. The mansion of Newark Park belonged once to a monastery; was restored, in the time of Edward VI., with stones from Kingswood abbey; and stands on an eminence, commanding extensive views. Ozleworth Park is the seat of J. Rolt, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £130.* Patron, the Rev. L. B. Clutterbuck. The church is Norman, ingood condition; is bisected by a beautiful Norman arch; and consists of nave and chancel, with central octagonaltower.

Ozleworth through time

Ozleworth is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ozleworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ozleworth, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11069

Date accessed: 24th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ozleworth ".