Place:


Worsthorne  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Worsthorne like this:

WORSTHORNE, a township and a chapelry in Whalley parish, Lancashire. The township lies 2 miles E of Burnley r. station, and bears the name of W.-with-Hurst-Wood. Acres, 2,800. Real property, £2,054; of which £235 are in quarries. Pop., 865. Houses, 169. The chapelry was constituted in 1842; and its Post town is Burnley. Pop., 1,015. Houses, 200. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £120. Patrons, Hulme's Trustees. The church is good.

Worsthorne through time

Worsthorne is now part of Burnley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Burnley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Worsthorne itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Worsthorne, in Burnley and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11054

Date accessed: 26th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Worsthorne ".