Place:


Notgrove  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Notgrove like this:

NOTGROVE, a parish in Stow-on-the-Wold district, Gloucester; 2½ miles W N W of the Fosse way, 3½ W S W of Bourton-on-the-Water r. station, and 3½ N of Northleach. Post-town, Northleach, under Cheltenham. Acres, 1, 530. Real property, £2, 217. Pop., 162. Houses, 35. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £356.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is old; consists of nave and chancel, with tower and small spire; and was reported in 1859 as bad.

Notgrove through time

Notgrove is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Notgrove itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Notgrove, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11037

Date accessed: 20th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Notgrove ".