Place:


Humberstone  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Humberstone like this:

HUMBERSTONE, a village and a parish in Billesdon district, Leicestershire. The village stands near the Midland railway, 2½ miles ENE of Leicester; and has a post office under Leicester.—The parish comprises 2, 630 acres. Real property, £4, 782. Pop., 515. Houses, 110. The property is divided among a few. ...


The manor belongs to W.A. Pochin, Esq. The living is a vicaragein the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £200. * Patron, the Rev.E. Waller. The church is old, was recent1y restored. has a tower and spire, and contains an old altartomb. There are two Methodist chapels, and charities £10.

Humberstone through time

Humberstone is now part of Leicester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Leicester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Humberstone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Humberstone, in Leicester and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10877

Date accessed: 17th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Humberstone ".