Place:


Hatherop  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hatherop like this:

HATHEROP, a village and a parish in Cireucester district, Gloucester. The village stands 3 miles N of Fairford, and 9 ENE of Cirencester r. station; and has a post office pillar box under Fairford. The parish includes also the hamlet of Netherton. Acres, 2, 160. Real property, £2, 907. Pop., 323. Houses, 70. The property, with Hatherop-Castle, belongs to the Maharajah Duleep Singh. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £302. * Patron, the Maharajah Duleep Singh. The church is later English.

Hatherop through time

Hatherop is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hatherop itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hatherop, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10834

Date accessed: 19th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hatherop ".