Place:


Down Hatherley  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Down Hatherley like this:

HATHERLEY-DOWN, a parish in the district and county of Gloucester; on a small affluent of the Severn, 3¾ miles NE by N of Gloucester city and r. station. Post town, Gloucester. Acres, 930. Real property, £1, 632. Pop., 192. Houses, 41. The property is divided among a few. Hatherley House is the seat of A. G. Jones, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £320.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was rebuilt in 1860; and is in the early decorated English style. There are a national school, and charities £22.

Down Hatherley through time

Down Hatherley is now part of Tewkesbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tewkesbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Down Hatherley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Down Hatherley, in Tewkesbury and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10831

Date accessed: 17th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Down Hatherley ".