Place:


Hampnett  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hampnett like this:

HAMPNETT, a parish in Northleach district, Gloucester; on the Fosse way, 1 mile NW of Northleach, and 6 SW of Bourton-on-the-Water r. station. Post town, Northleach, under Cheltenham. Acres, 1, 406. Real property, £, 558. Pop., 156. Houses, 32. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Stowell, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £475. Patrons, the Heirs of Lord Stowell. The church is partly Norman, partly later English; has a tower; and is good.

Hampnett through time

Hampnett is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hampnett itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hampnett, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10815

Date accessed: 21st September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hampnett ".