Place:


Llanishen  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanishen like this:

LLANISHEN, a parish in Cardiff district, Glamorgan; near the river Taff and the Taff Vale railway, 4 miles N by W of Cardiff. Post town, Cardiff. Acres, 2,915. Real property, £2,484. Pop., 449. Houses, 81. Llanishen House belonged to the Vaughans, passed to the Lewises, and is now a ruin. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £46. Patrons, alternately Baroness Windsor andK. K. Tynte, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Isan. There are an endowed school and other charities, with aggregately £33.

Llanishen through time

Llanishen is now part of Cardiff district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cardiff has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanishen itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanishen, in Cardiff and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10757

Date accessed: 20th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanishen ".