Place:


Evington  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Evington like this:

EVINGTON, a parish in Billesdon district, Leicestershire; near the Midland railway, 3 miles ESE of Leicester. Post town, Thurnby, under Leicester. Acres, 1, 360. Real property, £4, 578. Pop., 275. Houses, 65. The property is divided among a few. Evington Hall is the seat of the Colmans. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £80.* Patron, the Bishop of Peterborough. The church is good; and there are a Calvinistic chapel and a free school.

Evington through time

Evington is now part of Leicester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Leicester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Evington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Evington, in Leicester and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10734

Date accessed: 27th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Evington ".