Place:


Congerstone  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Congerstone like this:

CONGERSTON, a parish in Market-Bosworth district. Leicester; on the river Anker and the Ashby-de-la-Zouch canal, 3 miles NW of Market-Bosworth, and 7 NNE of Atherstone r. station. Post town, Twycross, under Atherstone. Acres, 1, 020. Real property, £1, 226. Pop., 250. Houses, 57. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £218.* Patron,-Earl Home. The church is ancient, and has a tower. There are a Baptist chapel, a national school, and alms-houses.

Congerstone through time

Congerstone is now part of Hinckley and Bosworth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hinckley and Bosworth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Congerstone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Congerstone, in Hinckley and Bosworth and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10703

Date accessed: 21st September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Congerstone ".