Place:


Ebrington  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ebrington like this:

EBRINGTON, or Ebberton, a parish in the district of Shipston-on-Stour and county of Gloucester; adjacent to Warwickshire and to the West Midland railway, 2 miles East of Chipping-Campden. It contains the hamlet of Hidcote-Boyce; and gives the title of Viscount to Earl Fortescue. Post town, Chipping-Campden, under Moreton-in-the-Marsh. ...


Acres, 2, 960. Real property, £3, 873. Pop., 570. Houses, 123. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Mickleton, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. The church contains monuments of the Fortescues; and is good. There are a national school and some charities. .

Ebrington through time

Ebrington is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ebrington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ebrington, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10636

Date accessed: 22nd August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ebrington ".