Place:


Eastleach Turville  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eastleach Turville like this:

EAST-LEACH-TURVILLE, a parish in Northleach district, Gloucester; on the river Leach and on Icknield-street, 4 miles N of Lechlade, and 11½ WSW of Witney r. station. It has a post office under Swindon. Acres, 2, 670. Real property, £3, 187. Pop., 506. Houses, 105. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £66. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of G. There are a P. Methodist chapel and a national school.

Eastleach Turville through time

Eastleach Turville is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Eastleach Turville itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eastleach Turville, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10634

Date accessed: 20th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Eastleach Turville ".