Place:


Barlestone  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barlestone like this:

BARLESTONE, or Barlston, a chapelry in Market Bosworth parish, Leicester; 2¾ miles NE of Market Bosworth, and 3 SW of Bagworth r. station. Post Town, Market-Bosworth under Hinckley. Acres, 810. Real property, £2,910. Pop., 544. Houses, 140. The property is much subdivided. Many of the inhabitants are employed in the manufactory of hosiery. The living is annexed to Market-Bosworth. The church is plain. There are two dissenting chapels and a free school.

Barlestone through time

Barlestone is now part of Hinckley and Bosworth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hinckley and Bosworth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Barlestone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barlestone, in Hinckley and Bosworth and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10602

Date accessed: 20th April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Barlestone ".