Place:


Daglingworth  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Daglingworth like this:

DAGLINGWORTH, a parish in Cirencester district, Gloucester; on Ermine-street, 3 miles NW of Cirencester town and r. station. It has a post office under Cirencester. Acres, 1,884. Real property, £3, 270. Pop., 355. Houses, 78. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to Godstow nunnery. ...


The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £266.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is Norman, in excellent condition, with a square tower; and has an old stone crucifix over the chancel window. A weather-worn ancient cross is in the churchyard. Charities, £7.

Daglingworth through time

Daglingworth is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Daglingworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Daglingworth, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10584

Date accessed: 15th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Daglingworth ".