Place:


Coln Rogers  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Coln Rogers like this:

COLN-ROGERS, a parish in Northleach district, Gloucester; on the river Colne, 4 miles SSW of Northleach, and 7 NE by N of Cirencester r. station. Post town, Northleach, under Cheltenham. Acres, 1, 508. Real property, £1, 502. Pop., 116. Houses, 28. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £225.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Gloucester. The church is old but good. Charities, £6.

Coln Rogers through time

Coln Rogers is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Coln Rogers itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coln Rogers, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10551

Date accessed: 22nd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Coln Rogers ".