Place:


Cainscross  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cainscross like this:

CAINSCROSS, a chapelry in Stonehouse, Stroud, and Randwick parishes, Gloucester; on the Western Union railway, 1 mile W of Stroud. It has a post office under Stroud. It was constituted in 1837. Pop., 1,916. Houses, 425. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of G. and Bristol. Value, not reported. Patron, Mrs. Croome. The church is modern. There is a national school.

Cainscross through time

Cainscross is now part of Stroud district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stroud has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cainscross itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cainscross, in Stroud and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10445

Date accessed: 24th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cainscross ".