Place:


Little Barrington  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Barrington like this:

BARRINGTON (Little), a parish in Northleach district, Gloucester; 2¾ miles WNW of Burford, and 7 SW of Shipton r. station. Post Town, Barrington, under Faringdon. Acres, 925. Real property, £1,600. Pop., 151. Houses, 33. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £100.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is very good; and there are charities £66.

Little Barrington through time

Little Barrington is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Barrington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Barrington, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10363

Date accessed: 21st September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Barrington ".