Place:


White Ladies Aston  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described White Ladies Aston like this:

WHITE LADIES ASTON, or Aston-Episcopi, a parish, with a village, in Pershore district, Worcestershire; 1¾ mile ESE of Spetchley r. station, and 5 ESE of Worcester. Post town, Worcester. Acres, 1,230. Real property, £2,180. Pop., 353. Houses, 85. The manor belongs to R. Berkeley, Esq., and the Bishop of Worcester. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £215.* Patron, R. Berkeley, Esq. The church is Norman, and was recently restored.

White Ladies Aston through time

White Ladies Aston is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about White Ladies Aston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of White Ladies Aston, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10136

Date accessed: 08th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " White Ladies Aston ".