Place:


Upton Snodsbury  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Upton Snodsbury like this:

UPTON-SNODSBURY, a parish and a sub-district in Pershore district, Worcestershire. The parish lies 2½ miles E of Spetchley r. station, and 6 E of Worcester; and includes Cowsdon hamlet. Post town, Worcester. Acres, 1,661. Real property, £2,542. Pop., 358. Houses, 76. The manor belongs to Lord Coventry. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £120. Patron, the Rev. H. O'Donnell. The church is early English. Charities, £44.—The sub-district contains 15 parishes and a chapelry. Acres, 17,591. Pop., 3,130. Houses, 689.

Upton Snodsbury through time

Upton Snodsbury is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Upton Snodsbury itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Upton Snodsbury, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10116

Date accessed: 13th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Upton Snodsbury ".