Place:


Tredington  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tredington like this:

TREDINGTON, a parish, with a village and four hamlets, in the district of Shipston-on-Stour and county of Worcester; on the river Stour, 2 miles N of Shipston and 8 NNE of Moreton-in-Marsh r. station. It has a post-office under Shipston-on-Stour. Acres, 5,285. Real property, £7,776. Pop., 1,100. ...


Houses, 271. The property is much subdivided. A monastery was once here. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Va. lue, £542.* Patron, Jesus' College, Oxford. The church is ancient. The rectory of Newbold is a separate benefice. There are an endowed school with £50 a year, and charities £9.

Tredington through time

Tredington is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tredington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tredington, in Stratford on Avon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10108

Date accessed: 15th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tredington ".