Place:


Staunton  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Staunton like this:

STAUNTON, a parish, with a village, in the district of Newent, and county of Worcester; 8 miles NNW of Gloucester r. station. It has a post-office under Gloucester. Acres, 1,447. Real property, £3,097. Pop., 507. Houses, 123. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £404.* Patron, J. F. Sevier, Esq. The church is early English, and was recently repaired. There are a national school, and charities £60.

Staunton through time

Staunton is now part of Forest of Dean district. Click here for graphs and data of how Forest of Dean has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Staunton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Staunton, in Forest of Dean and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10092

Date accessed: 07th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Staunton ".