Place:


Redmarley Dabitot  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Redmarley Dabitot like this:

REDMARLEY-D'ABITOT, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Newent district; the village and the parish in Worcestershire, but most of the sub-district in Gloucestershire. The village stands 1 mile N of the river Leadon, at the boundary with Gloucestershire, and 5¾ S W by S of Ledbury r. ...


station; and has a post-office, of the name of Redmarley, under Gloucester. The parish comprises 3, 778 acres. Real property, £6, 442. Pop.in 1851, 1, 192; in 1861, 1, 265. Houses, 268. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Earl Beauchamp. Hazeldine House and Down Houseare chief residences. Lowlands estate was purchased by F. O' Connor, for his land scheme. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £900.* Patron, J. D. T. Niblett, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1856. There are a national school, and charities £14.—The sub-district contains also seven other parishes. Acres, 22, 159. Pop., 5, 731. Houses, 1, 238.

Redmarley Dabitot through time

Redmarley Dabitot is now part of Forest of Dean district. Click here for graphs and data of how Forest of Dean has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Redmarley Dabitot itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Redmarley Dabitot, in Forest of Dean and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10013

Date accessed: 06th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Redmarley Dabitot ".