Place:


North Piddle  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Piddle like this:

PIDDLE (North), a parish in Pershore district, Worcester; on the river Piddle, 3 miles E by N of Spetchley r. station, and 5½ N by E of Pershore. It has a postal letter-box under Worcester. Acres, 810. Real property, £1, 187. Pop., 131. Houses, 35. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £140. Patron, Earl Somers. The church is early English, and good, with awooden lantern.

North Piddle through time

North Piddle is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Piddle itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Piddle, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10005

Date accessed: 11th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Piddle ".