Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for TAIBACH

TAIBACH, a chapelry, with a suburban village, in Margam parish, Glamorgan; on the South Wales railway, adjacent to Port-Talbot r. station, and to Aberavon. It has a head post-office.† The statistics are returned with the parish. There are copper-works. The living is annexed to Margam.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry, with a subnrban village"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Margam AP/CP       Glamorgan AncC
Place: Taibach

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.