Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for BERSHAM

BERSHAM, a township and a chapelry in Wrexham parish, Denbigh. The township lies on the river Clwydog, near Wat's Dyke, 1 mile W of Wrexham r. station. Post Town, Wrexham. Acres, 1,901. Real property, £6,725. Pop., 3,073. Houses, 625. The Wrexham workhouse is here; and iron, lead, and coal works are carried on.—The chapelry bears the name of Bersham-Drelincourt or Berse-Drelincourt; and is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £90.* Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. There are a Calvinistic Methodist chapel and an endowed school.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a township and a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Bers Tn/CP       Wrexham AP       Denbighshire AncC
Place: Bers

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.