Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for BISHOPTON

BISHOPTON, a hamlet and a chapelry in Old Stratford parish, Warwick. The hamlet lies adjacent to the Stratford and Avon canal, 2 miles NW of Stratford-on-Avon. Pop., 51.—The chapelry is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester; in the patronage of the Vicar of Stratford; the statistics not reported.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a hamlet and a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Old Stratford AP/CP       Warwickshire AncC
Place: Bishopton

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.