Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for LAMBRIGG

LAMBRIGG, a township in Kendal parish, Westmoreland; at the source of the river Mint, 5 miles ENE of Kendal. Real property, £1,177. Pop., 165. Houses, 28. The manor belonged to the Burnesheads; passed to the Bellinghams and the Duchetts; and belongs now to the Lowthers. Part of the surface is a long lofty fell, called Lambrigg Park. Copper ore was formerly worked.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a township"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Kendal CP/AP/Tn       Lambrigg CP/Tn       Westmorland AncC
Place: Lambrigg

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.